2023 Reviews - Crescent Beach, Grand Cayman
These reviews are not edited for content but are edited for "typos".
They were either made public on VRBO, TripAdvisor, AirBNB , Google or Facebook, or were written in our SAND or SKY guestbooks and we thank the writers for taking the time to give us and you their opinion.
Crescent Beach has never received a rating of less than 5-stars and we thank our guests for this!
We are very proud that more than 50% of our bookings for 2023 are returning guests. We look forward to receiving their comments and making them available for new friends to read. We shall also continue the new practice of posting accompanying pictures here, along with the guest comments. We started this in 2022 and it has been very popular.
SKY: March 2023: AS - USA
- VRBO ★★★★★: Home was beautiful and quiet with great views and amenities.
SAND: March 2023: M&AH, USA
- Guestbook: Walked along the beach and saw the following: banded coral shrimp, spotted eel, and an octopus. I think out sixth or seventh visit - incredible time as always.
SAND: March 2023: R&JK, USA
- Guestbook: We had an amazing time. Paul and Fay Anne are so sweet and just the perfect hosts. We spent a lot of the time at the house (mostly in the pool). But the time we didn't spend at the house was spent at amazing restaurants or souvenir stores in George Town. It was all over the perfect relaxing vacation. Thanks for all the hospitality. We will for sure be back.
- Google ★★★★★: Our family has stayed at Crescent Beach (SAND) on multiple occasions. AMAZING place to stay and the hosts (Paul & Fay Anne) are simply wonderful! If you have the chance to go with family, friends or even as a couple - do it!! Crescent Beach will not disappoint!
SAND: March 2023: C&B, Maine, USA
- Guestbook: Once again, words cannot desribe the neauty of your spot here in Grand Cayman. We are so blessed to be able to come and enjoy the peace and tranquility of Half Moon Bay. From the ocean view to each apartment, the grounds, the new (games room) kitchen - all wonderful. Amenities like this make this our home away from home...
SAND: March 2023: B&J - USA - Guests of C&B, Maine, USA
- Guestbook: Thank you for sharing your piece of paradise with us! C & B have spoken so often of you both that we felt like family when we met you. Until the next time...
SAND: March 2023: JC - USA
- VRBO ★★★★★: Private slice of paradise: This gorgeous duplex/apartment is set on a bay you share only with the other renters and owners. We enjoyed coffee every morning on the patio with only curly (the tame lizard) for company. The owner is next door if needed & a great source of information. Two excellent restaurants are within a 10 minute drive. SMB & Rum Point are about 30 minutes away if you desire more choices. Overall a perfect place to enjoy the Caribbean without the crowds!
SAND: February 2023: JB and LTB with JB and LB - Michegan, USA
- Guestbook: We had an absolutely amazing time here for our first visit to Grand Cayman! Paul and Fay are amazing hosts and provided us with exceptional hospitality. We enjoyed holding stingrays at Stingray City and swimming with the turtles at Spott's Beach. We went all over the island, visiting Rum Point, Starfish Point, George Town and West Bay. The backyard was itself an amazing adventure with daily snorkeling amongst the large amount of fish-filled coral. Thank you so much! Cheers...
- TripAdvisor ★★★★★: Excellent vacation condo in Grand CaymanMy family and I had an absolutely amazing trip in Grand Cayman staying at this condo. Paul and Fay were the best hosts you could ask for; they live nearby and are always immediately available for any help or questions. The property itself is top, inside and out - it’s a pretty, newly-built condo with all the amenities you need, whether you’re a set of four in your early 30s like us or a family of 5 with small children. The location is on the eastern side so it’s quiet with amazing views and breeze, and although it’s outside of the main areas to the west, there are still plenty of great restaurants, markets, sights, and even a small hospital if needed. A rental car is highly recommended, and driving around the entire south-central up to the north-central of the island in a loop is a relatively quick and great drive. During our 8 night stay we we went to Rum Point, Starfish Point (we saw sea stars in their natural environment), the Blow Holes, Spott’s Beach to swim with sea turtles in their natural environment, Smith’s Cove, Tukka restaurant where wild birds can be fed by hand, Stingray City to swim with docile stingrays, the Crystal Caves, and several other similar locations. The HIGHLIGHT for me personally was the bay right out back of the condo, especially for snorkeling off-shore. The water will only get up to your chest level (as a 5’10” man) all the way up to about 75-100 yards out, and there are large patches of coral, flooded with marine life. I snorkeled daily - it was like an aquarium for a back yard. Must do: Stingray City - stingrays Spott’s Beach - turtles Smith cove, Cemetery Beach, Spott’s Beach - views, pool-like swimming/snorkeling Snorkel excursion to Rum Point barrier reef (“the aquarium”) Crystal Caves Regarding restaurants - no matter where you go you will enjoy it thoroughly.
SAND: February 2023: K&JC - Lodi CA, USA - 2nd visit
- Guestbook: So very good to be back! Thank you for being such gracious hosts. And thank you for sharing Paradise @ Crescent Beach.
SAND: January 2023: T&MW - Iowa, USA - 3rd visit
- Guestbook: We finally made it back!! We used this time to rest and warm up. We love that Crescent Beach can offer that to us. You took your Jazz cruise while we were here - we look forward to coming back and connecting next time. (Yes - it was unfortunate that the cruise coincided exactly with your selected dates - and we did not even get to say "Hi" in the airport in either direction - but rest assured, there will be no more cruises except in the lockdown month of September - see you next Januray - Paul)
SAND: January 2023: T&C - Toronto, Canada
- Guestbook: Thank you for welcoming us with your hospitality and sharing your piece of paradise with us. The warmth of the Cayman sun, fresh air, sound of the sea, will help us get through the cold of winter. Everything was beyond perfect. You have created something special here for your guests. Thank you!
SAND: January 2023: MP and family - New Jersey and New York, USA
- Guestbook: What an amazing place. We really enjoyed the peace and quiet here and especially the sound of the sea right outside our door. We loved our morning coffee on the pation, the hammock by the water and snorkeling steps from our door. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets! We loved having all of the comforts here... You've thought of everything. Thank you Paul and Fay Anne, we have enjoyed every minute and hope to be back soon.
- VRBO ★★★★★: As soon as we arrived at our destination, appropriately named, Sand, (in a few steps you are on it!) we were pleasantly greeted by our host, Paul, who gave us a tour and all of the information about the property and it's numerous amenities and who was always available for any questions. The property is on a secluded beach and we enjoyed snorkeling and kayaking there. It is very peaceful there. The sea view from the living space is beautiful and we loved our morning coffee and sunset dinners on the patio. We had fun at the pool which also has a fantastic view of the sea. We were entertained by friendly geckos (rock lizards) every day and Paul was kind enough to give us an opportunity to feed them. Sand has every comfort of home (lots of space and comfortable beds) and much more! There are stores, restaurants and activities all nearby. We loved every minute there and hope to return! A true paradise with an amazing host!